The Plaza de España is a plaza in the Parque de María Luisa, in Seville, Spain, built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition of 1929. The Plaza de España is a harmonious complex in a typical regional revival style, which was very popular at the time. The red brick structure is decorated with colorful painted ceramic tiles.
Two tall towers at each end are connected to a central structure by a long colonnaded gallery. Its curved facade follows the contours of a semicircular plaza with a large central fountain. The plaza is surrounded by a canal, and beautiful bridges decorated with ceramic tiles connect the plaza with the wide promenade that runs along the front of the building.
September 28th, 2017
Viewed 162 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 03/03/2024 at 7:05 PM